Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

All Adult sites are being blocked

All adult sites are being blocked. Still unresolved after 3 weeks. Been waiting on a call from IT support. Initial contacts unable to solve problem. Child safe is turned off. Whats going on ? Is this a new virgin media policy? 

FINDO23 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Thermostat linking to hub 5x issue resolved

Was unable to link Salus thermostat to our new hub 5x and was really dissapointed, looks like other had similar with different brands of thermostat.  After many days of searching for a resolution, plugged in a TP link power line adapter and plugged t...

Red Light on Hub 3

Hello,My Hub 3 has a red light, I have tried resetting the Hub, and done everything else suggested by people on other posts, but nothing works.Is there any other thing that I can do to fix this light?Thanks kn advance.

BaljKa7 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet

Friday had issue with internet down contacted virgin media customer support to report agent said he will sending in a new hub . Received new hub on Saturday connected everything as per the leaflet that was provided in the box since connecting new hub...

rajakv02 by Settling in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WWE Network not working via VIRGIN MEDIA in uk

Hello,Hopefully you can help. I (Gary) am trying to assist one of your customers "Dan", in the UK, with his WWE network wresting service. He really enjoys it, and as he has "special needs" it's "his thing"He has been a subscriber to the WWE service p...

Router is showing constant red light

Hello,My hub is showing a constant red light, and despite me resetting the router, leaving it unplugged for a while and trying other solutions, the red light returns. The router is warm to the touch but not super hot. The router is in an open space a...

Chronas by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub

I’ve had a constant red light on my hub for months. It’s well ventilate, I’ve reset it multiple times. Still no joy. Please can someone help 

LadyB42 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hun 3 not connecting to VM Connect

Been trying since installed (few months) to get the VM Connect app to recognise the hub3 so I can limit my children’s access but alas it hasn never worked despite reinstalling app, resetting hub, checking VPN, everything that is suggested, even had t...

Jo55car by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos