Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Old house , poor Wi-Fi at one side of the house

My house is seriously Victorian and has two foot thick walls ; the signal on the right had side, open gable where the hub/router is located, is bang on. The signal on the left hand side is much poorer, both upstairs and downstairs.my big problem, is ...

Spambhoy by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub 3.0

My hub has had a red light as far as I can remember. I presumed this was the power light.My WiFi has always been a little patchy and drops regularly several times a day. I have to regularly switch off and back on again and this usually fixes the issu...

Resolved! Fraudulent charges

Omg only been with virgin 2 weeks and I have sent several complaints mostly recently,  they told me I needed a WiFi pod, don't worry it's free of charge,  then I get a change of contact for an additional £8. I raise a complaint they said they have re...

Ezzavon by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Media with BT Wholehome Discs

Hi - I am moving from BT to VM.  I currently have BT Wholehome discs set-up to provide good wifi coverage across my home and ideally I'd like to keep that set-up to avoid spending money on new discs and reconnecting many devices to the wifi again.Am ...

dk1uk by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband/Telephone Outage

Last night my internet and phone service went down at 02:30 (12/11/2023). Done all the usually troubleshooting (pin reset etc) but still have blinking red LED on router -- also had difficulties with the phone app trying to get on with my mobile servi...

daryl-t by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashing Red Hub 4

Can anyone be of any help since ave been cut off when calling up and the live chat hasnt been much help regarding the issue i have. My Hub 4 has been fine since i got virgin january 2022, but at some point today after i left this morning it went from...

New hub 5, new WiFi pod

Had to call out a vm technician as Internet kept dropping out. He changed me to a hub 5. Everything working fine, however have a new WiFi pod coming, and as of today the vm connect app won't find my hub. So how am I going to connect the pod to the hu...

Vix3ng by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need WiFi Pod for 5x Router

Hi All,I recommend Virgin to my neighbours, but given it’s the same type of house same layout they have the same issue as me and need a wife pod. To get a wifi pod I almost had to cancel the contract.This message is sent from my neighbours account.Th...

Daria13 by Just joined
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos