Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Having to reset router nearly every week

I've been with Virgin for about 4 months and at the start it was fine no issues then about 2 months in I constantly get these lag spikes where I basically lose Internet connection despite it indicating I'm connected. Games wouldn't work and websites ...

EdiTWD by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How can I get a Hub 5?

Hi all, I moved to Gig1 a year or two ago but still use a Hub 4. I was under the impression we'd get a 5 at some point but that day never came. Phoned VM and was told it would cost me to get a Hub 5. Seems daft given the Hub 4 doesn't have Wi-Fi 6 or...

starsky135 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light hub 3 again

Hi, I seem to be having an this issue with my Hub 3 again. This last happened 26th march 2022. Its constantly having a solid red light. And engineer came out to replace it but is now having this issue. I have checked all connections, it is in a well ...

1000000951.jpg
tsukasa82 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Could someone check my downstream/upstream levels please?

For the past week ping times have been quite awful. I’m on the 1Gbps service and until recently I wouldn’t have a problem approaching that speed.3.0 Downstream channelsChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)SNR (dB)ModulationChannel ID223070000004.50000033...

Broadband, Wifi Pods and Bandwidth

Hi,I'm looking to confirm what I have been told but Virgin Media over a chat regarding my network. I have a Hub 3, Volt 250 and 2 WiFi pods. A house on 3 floors (ground, mid and loft extension, rear kitchen extension with the Hub 3 in the loft office...

JLocko67 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Gadget Rescue Essentials

I had a problem with my Desktop connecting to the network . I was put through to a dept. called Gadget Rescue Essentials who explained that if i joined this they would fix my problem and any other future problems . I was told this was on a no fix no ...

BrianG3 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos