Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Missing onu power supply

Same as other posts. I told the sales team I was missing the ONU power supply but they were 100% only concerned in up selling virgin products. Hub 5 arrived but no ONU power supply

Beau1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red Light on Hub 3

We have a constant red light on our router. Have tried resetting it, have checked all the cables but still solid red. How do we get this sorted?

Met92 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Why is getting a WIFI Pod made so hard

Not really happy so far with Virgin Media. We went for the full speed fibre line and have experienced nothing but issues. Firstly, the WIFI off the Hub 5 is poor. It doesn't reach the whole of the house and it's not a big house. Yes previously, I use...

Dysan314 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent total internet loss - long term issue

Hello, I've been experiencing intermittent total internet loss for a while. It's normally a small duration of a few seconds, which causes problems, but it's been getting worse. I thought it was my network for a long time but I've directly connected a...

large (1).png
Ruthy60 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Afternoon packet loss issues

I am experiencing consistent packet loss issues on an afternoon and evening. I accept it's pretty standard (due to more people and neighbours being online) but it's getting to a stage where I'm having to cram work and calls into the morning as the af...

1000019102.png
wassapp by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

virgin media wifi pods

Had this issue for sometime now and after thinking it had been solved through chatting to virgin media online and being told it was sorted on 5 separate occasions give up until now. tried to call to then have the automated series tell me i could stil...

mark666 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect app unable to find Hub5

Hello can someone please help with some advice please. I just upgraded my package today and got the hub5 broadband with the TV package and phone. The Internet and the TV package is working fine, but my issue is that on the connect app I cannot get it...

Hub 4 flashing yellow

Hello all. My Hub 4 has been regularly quickly flashing yellow, followed by a slow white light, for weeks. It does this multiple times a day, often for hours at a time, briefly reconnecting (constant white light) for a few minutes, only to drop out a...

CarlyB by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signal

A 2 bed ground floor  flat with router in front room and the signal can’t make it down the hall to the bedroom . Why? It also switches back to. by Hub which we’ ve not used for years.why? 

ph07961 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Useless wifi & service

Sick to death of this **bleep**ty Virgin Media broadband. No WiFi in 80% of the house, work from home practically impossible, and customer services are an utter liability Ordered pods, didnt get processed by some cave dwelling trog in outer Mongolia....