Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Coax cable extention

Hello,I tried contacting Virgin support last week with regards to getting a replacement Coax cable as my existing is to short. Could an engineer please contact me.Regards

Hub Light permanently Red

My hub light is red all the time. It is well ventilated and has been reset and still red. What could be the issue. I read on another post it needs to be exchanged?

Hub 4 failure

I have been with VM for a couple of years now and until recently had no issues, BUT in the last month or so I had a few. I have a Hub 4 broadband router and it kept going off line so you power cycle and then try to log in to the web page 192.168.0.1 ...

Dr-Jon by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Virgin connect app

I wonder if you can help please, within the connect app I have a device that won't unpause,  I have tried a factory reset and the device is still paused? Also not sure if it's connected but I am also unable to access 'manage router' settings. Every b...

Hub5 refusing to go into Modem Mode

Have been using my Virgin Hub5 in modem mode for approx 6mths.  This morning this internet went down, power cycled the hub, internet came back up with a new public IP address (which is unusual). Then noticed router had reset to 'router' mode.  I went...

Hub 5 - Pods cannot connect

Had the hub5 a few weeks now and works perfectly. Cannot for the life in me connect the pod to the hub. the VM connect app picks every wifi device in the house. It picks up the pod and tries to install it but then pops up an error message saying it c...

Dfraser by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extra 3.1 Downstream

Greets. Has anyone seen a 3.1 channel with a width close to 192 MHz or two 3.1 channels on their modems?Need one or both of those to handle 2 Gbit in most areas. 

IPFreely by Fibre optic
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Hub 4 Modem mode - Tp Link Omada

Does anyone have any information on how I can put the router into modem mode and use the TP Link ER605 router to pass through the traffic?I have set the Virgin hub into modem mode and entered the virgin hubs mac address into the ER605 as this seems t...

logan55 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos