Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Can’t access Hub 4 settings page

Hello, as I can see many people have this issue, unfortunately I have it too. I can’t access the settings page for the Hub 4. Blank page once I put my password. I tried all the suggested solutions but to no avail. Can someone from Virgin get in touch...

Solid red light on Hub 3.0 for over a month

In the past few weeks my router has had very poor wifi signal, and the download speed on wifi (regardless of location in the house) has been very poor.The router (Hub 3.0) has been showing a solid red light for well over a month, and I've tried numer...

Wifi signal dropping out

Having problems here again in Area 14 BD2 1LJ with wifi, the signal keeps dropping out affecting emails (curer lost and regained then its spasmodic and web cameras fail, they keep blanking out and coming back, I've done a hub reset as it was suggeste...

ianjayne by Rising star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Hub 5 disconnecting and slow speed

Had previously a hub 3 and was getting 360mbps download and have upgraded to 1gb speed an new hub 5.  It arrived today and spent several hours with a green flashing light and restarting.Now it's solid white and I'm only getting 1mbps download and cir...

zutanoz by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Longer Fibre cable for 5x hub

HiI am a relatively new VM customer and when getting my broadband installed the engineer only had 1 size of cable. He said he would drop a longer cable into me as my Hub is not positioned in the ideal place due to my house layout. Sadly the engineer ...

New Hub 5 Not Working

I've had a new hub 5 sent, had it activated and all that. However it is far from useful, it will connect to the Internet but only for up to a minute or two at a time, and then drop off for about the same amount of time or longer, constantly. We had a...

Resolved! Wireless AP Recommendations

I recently bought a PFsense FW - did the whole modem mode config and everything on the LAN side is great. However, the wifi on the Pfsense is very poor Like 20 Mbps. Since it's never going to get up to the speeds I was getting on the hub 3 I believe ...

Bytors by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modem mode with hub 5x

So you can enable modem mode here on hub 5xhttp://192.168.0.1/?page=modemmodeBut it don't work but could one other reason why is that you need a TAG VLAN packet? So who up for testing? I guess VM could make it easier to tell us if this is the case?

legacy1 by Alessandro Volta
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos