cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box issues

DavieGrant
Tuning in

We have 2 V6 boxes one in living room and one in bedroom.

The one in the living room has recently been playing up with channels going blank then displays an error code V53 message. Eventually comes back on when I reboot but this is now happening daily or sometimes a few times a day. No issues with V6 box in bedroom. Anyone else having issues of a similar nature or is it perhaps time for the box to be replaced? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DavieGrant 

Have you checked all the wiring, especially the white coaxial in the location where the box is having issues?  make sure it's snug and tight and free from kinks.

Have you tried swapping the boxes around to see if the V53 error follows the box to the other location?

It's suprising how often swapping the boxes around cures the fault, but this should also help ascertain if it's a box or signal issue,

V53 is sometimes due to local issues which should show up on both boxes at the same time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DavieGrant 

Have you checked all the wiring, especially the white coaxial in the location where the box is having issues?  make sure it's snug and tight and free from kinks.

Have you tried swapping the boxes around to see if the V53 error follows the box to the other location?

It's suprising how often swapping the boxes around cures the fault, but this should also help ascertain if it's a box or signal issue,

V53 is sometimes due to local issues which should show up on both boxes at the same time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali