cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Recording Freevee etc unable to watch

TechMad
On our wavelength

Having major problem watching TV on all my devices keep getting circle going round & round for up to half an hour Have 2 V6 boxes, 3 Pods none of my devices are more than 10ft away from V6 box or Pods this can happen anytime of the day watching recordings or Netflix also on phone & tablet.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you clarify what services you are having problems with?

You've mentioned Freevee in the subject line, but made no reference to it or (as I suspect) Amazon Prime in your post. Also you've mentioned recordings but not what the issue is.

Live TV, recorded content, and OnDemand/streaming all use different technologies so will have different symptoms if there are issues. Could you explain what your symptoms are, and what services are being affected on your V6?

If any of your problems are on devices other than your V6-STB, then please advise specifically what they are - this post is in the V6 section of the forum so advice here will be predominantly about that in order to save confusion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TechMad
On our wavelength

Ok recordings on V6 box gets circle going round, then message show temp. unavailable 668 Anything Netflix Prime etc get revolving dots for up to 20 minutes sometimes. I think the problem might be my connection from the street but I don't know if VM will come out to check, it has been there since NTL days. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Of course Virgin Media will come out - you have a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off I have a suspicion your recordings could be VoD bookmarks rather than actual recordings - on the "Watch now" screen do you get an option to "delete" or "remove bookmark"?

Alternatively, are you trying to view recordings on the same V6 as they're stored, or multi-room stream them?

Second, you've not mentioned problems with your home broadband, so this could easily be an issue with the connection between your V6 and router. You've alluded to this being wireless, so what's the signal strength on both boxes?

You can check via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right.

TechMad
On our wavelength

Both of my V6 boxes are connected directedly to VM by cable no streaming. But this morning I have had a text about service status in my area being being sorted by 11/04 12.00pm. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TechMad wrote:

Both of my V6 boxes are connected directedly to VM by cable no streaming. But this morning I have had a text about service status in my area being being sorted by 11/04 12.00pm. 

Your V6 need 2 connections.. the co-ax cable provides live TV, but an internet connection is needed for VoD & streaming.

What was the entry on the service status page? Did your problems start when the alleged area fault started?