cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound but no picture

percyplatcode1
Joining in

My VM V6 box is only sending audio when I select a channel.

The TV itself is fine, I can see the channel information when I change to a channel. Also if I press TV guide, the tv shows the correct screen and information, but if I select a channell, there is only audio.

Sky Sports channels, don't have any audio though.

Have rebooted V^ box multiple times. Other sources to the TV are fine

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does it make any difference if you're watching Sky Sports in SD or HD?

Do you have pictures when using OnDemand?

Are you able to alter the video output using the Help & Settings menu? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video output

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi percyplatcode1 

You could try the following which should force the V6 screen to reset and hopefully it will display in the basic  576p resolution. Hopefully this will then allow you to go into the V6 settings and change the video output again.

Using your remote control press Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, 4, 8, 0, Clear

Fingers crossed you should now be able to see the screen again, if so then using your remote 

Press Home  > Help & Settings >  Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

Either go to Auto detect to run a test of your TV’s display options. It will then ask you to confirm the new display selection  or choose  Test Formats to run a quick test on the Virgin TV V6 box and follow the onscreen guides

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

percyplatcode1
Joining in

Thanks to the two people who replied above.

After trying various things for aboout an hour on the day I gave up and went and did other stuff for aboout 3 hours. When I then turned on my TV again, things were back to working as normal.

Obviously I don't know what caused it to get fixed, as 4 reboots of the v6 box had not previously sorted it.

Thanks again to the earlier helpers.