cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red button not working (again) on Sky Sports for EFL match tonight. Using V6 box

Dennis1908
Joining in

I don't subscribe to HD channels in sports so I use channel 511 or 513  and the red button just says currently no interactive events on this channel.  Is there something I'm not doing?  It has worked in the past but not all the time.

3 REPLIES 3

BinghamBloke
Super solver

It is so flaky. By the time you get any acknowledgement it has been and gone. When Forest were in the Championship I even called up so they could do something about it at the time but because you get put through to god knows what country they say they have logged it and nothing actually happens if they even understand the issue.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Dennis1908, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the red button in midweek for the EFL games being shown.

Do feel free to keep us updated with any further issues that you come across.

We do need to work with our broadcasters when delivering this content and sadly that can at times be a lengthy process that doesn't come to fruition during the event.

Thanks,

David_Bn

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Red Button is controlled by a third party background app. It is the responsibility of that third party (Sky) to fix it if there is an issue. That is what takes the time. Judging by Sky’s past record of the way it treats wholesale “competition”, they won’t be in a hurry to do so.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks