cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My V6 boxes reboot randomly,

jennyterryd
Joining in

I have two V6 boxes and both have recently rebooted randomly.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An occasional reboot can be normal, but these should generally be overnight.

If any TV box is rebooting regularly, there may be a fault with it - which should be reported.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jennyterryd,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your TV boxes looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Like @japitts already mentioned, an occasional reboot is nothing to worry about and mostly happen over night when updates occur on the software.

However, if this is happening often then it could be a sign that something is wrong. 

Did they both reboot at the same time?

Could I ask if you've made any changes on your package recently? 

Are the boxes quite hot to the touch or flashing any lights? 

Did you catch a glimpse of any error messages before or after the reboots? 

Lastly, are they showing any other symptoms or errors, like pixilation, stuttering, sound issues? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Many thanks for all replies. The rebooting took place over a couple of days in the evening with no messages and no warning. All has been stable over last week or so. No other issues except an intermittent minimal sound drop which happens a few times in a day  and is irritating. As you suggested, I'll call support if things get any worse. Thanks for your assistance.

Terry Davies

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming and please, do keep us posted on how things go from here.
We're eager to assist further where needed. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs