cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brookside not working on STV app

mackerbootle
Dialled in

Since last Thursday whenever I open the STV app in the V6 TV box it is refusing to play any of the Brookside shows. An error message appears onscreen - STV Error:NW-1.

I've rebooted the box and the router multiple times and signed out and back into the STV app. It's simply not working.

Only seems to be affecting the Brookside content there.

My postcode is the L21 area of Liverpool.

I've checked for faults in my area and no TV faults are displaying in my account.

Hope you can notify the relevant people who are in charge of the STV app.

Thanks,

Mack

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mackerbootle wrote:

Hope you can notify the relevant people who are in charge of the STV app.

VM provide access to the app which is provide by STV.

https://www.stv.tv/info/contact 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mine was doing the same,  Now the entire app doesn't work-it either is totally blank screen or it loads the logo up then freezes at 3 seconds.It started with just Brookside but now its the entire app.
i reset the v6 box and I then reset the hub to no avail.
i have the app on my Samsung Smart TV and Ipad and it works perfectly on both.
That implies the problem is Virgins end?

gblorimer
Tuning in

Same here. Works on phone 

Hi I'm having problems with the stv app/catch up too (live tv fine). Get a stv: NW-1 error trying to watch any catch up. I'm based in Edinburgh EH10. Just really over the last week. thanks for any help. STV say it is a network/geolocation issue.

MagieQ
Joining in

Hi I'm having the same issue with stv app and same error message - for all catch up programmes. I'm in Edinburgh EH10. There was a comment about privacy settings being updated - the issue seems to have arisen since then I think. Virgin - can you help please.

gblorimer
Tuning in

I emailed STV, mine is now working 

MagieQ
Joining in

Mine's is working now too

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

Thanks for posting, and welcome/welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced problems with the STV app. We were aware of an issue earlier in the week that was causing V6 apps to display an error.

This has now been resolved, and you should be able to access apps as intended - which it appears you can 🙂

Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

its not resolved because i cant watch Brookside on the stv app, and im trying to watch from west yorkshire