cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 360 box apps freezing or not available due to boot error

Sprool
Tuning in

When the box boots up it gives a quick warning message "some apps not available due to a boot error" in fact the only app I can get to work is Netflix. We are now paying for Paramount+ but cannot watch it as it says not available. Channel 4 and 5 same; BBC Iplayer goes to a purple loading screen then freezes and you end up having to turn off the box at the rear switch and reboot takes ages. Ive tried resetting, turning off at the wall, and resetting the hub, and checking the cables are firmly inserted so I must assume I have a faulty box - how can I get a replacement? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the factory reset action on the setup menu, this time when it rebooted it downloaded and installed an update, which seems to have solved the issues.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary means of fault reporting is by phone - 150 from a VM landline or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

VM staff tend to respond on this board but it's not a real-time facility and may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

weve had a couple of very lengthy phone calls with their help dept but nothing has addressed the problem. They suggested putting new batteries into the new remote control unit as well as turning off the hub and box then turning on again. The fact that its showing the boot error on startup suggests to me we have a faulty unit.

I found the factory reset action on the setup menu, this time when it rebooted it downloaded and installed an update, which seems to have solved the issues.