cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Recording Playback Failures | CS2200 | CS2214 | CS2217

red_snow
On our wavelength

Adding to what looks like a long list of TV360 HDD failures!!

1.First issue a couple of weeks back was that the box decided to freeze when playing back a recording, and decided to delete all recordings!!!

2. Since then, multiple issues with recording playback, with various error codes (CS2200 | CS2214 | CS2217)

I've done a hard reset (delete recordings), two soft resets already (keep recordings). Internet connectivity is very good, all on-demand services are fine and I've tested on both ethernet and 5GHz wi-fi. Software is up-2-date

Attempted to contact CS by chat, nearly 3hrs of waiting and no response

Spoke to CS last week and they tried to tell me it was because I was using the hub in modem mode and using my own mesh 🤣. After we excluded that, they were going to monitor it and promised to call back on Friday, nothing. 4 days later and still nothing!!

What next, as it is clearly a hardware issue, likely bad sectors on the disk. It is very, very frustrating and hope some kind soul can help get this sorted ASAP please.

8 REPLIES 8

red_snow
On our wavelength

Glad I found this as I have exactly the same issues. Tried to contact CS on chat, waited over 2 hours and no response. Spoke to someone last week who initially told me it was an internet connection issue because I was using the Virgin hub in modem mode and using a mesh, which unfortunately was utter nonsense. Then they took all the details and said they were going to monitor my box/connection, and promised to call back .... Yep, you guessed it, they never did and it's driving me mad. It's clearly a hardware issue, and I suspect bad sectors on the disk.

roy247
Superstar

I doubt the call back was ever going to happen, if you are not using your mesh and are connected to the Virgin hub and it's not in modem mode and still having problems then you need to call Virgin again on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

red_snow
On our wavelength

Thanks for responding. I've been using modem mode since day dot (a few years back) with no issues at all. I was using Google DNS but have ruled that out by setting the WAN connection to use Virgin DNS servers. I've also checked these IPs gets utilised on the clients, including the V360 box, as the DNS is showing correctly as part of it's DHCP lease.

red_snow
On our wavelength

I also see other issues now. All of the channel logos have disappeared again, the apps I've signed into (iPlayer etc) now want me to sign in again, and apps like Amazon Prime/Netflix won't stream with error CS2400

Again, the diagnostics show a very good internet connection suitable for UltraHD!

This box is coming to the end of its life I feel!!

Hi red_snow,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see you're having some issues with the TV box. 

If you have more than one, which one has the issue/ is the problem on both?

Have you been through the help here

Alex_Rm

red_snow
On our wavelength

@Alex_RM

I spoke with customer service on Friday and they are sending me another 360 box to replace my main box in the living room. However, he said I'd get tracking via text but have not seen anything. It could be because I was having my number ported the same day so may have got lost!

Is it possible to check my account please and confirm I am due delivery of a new box?

Thank you

red_snow
On our wavelength

Still no tracking and no box .... This what the 8.8% price increase pays for is it?!!!!!!

Hi red_snow, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Apologies to hear you didn't receive anything at the time of posting. 

We can see since then the box has been received and activated. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs