cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order new remote

NRP5000
Tuning in

It seems even though there's posts about this going back a couple of years that it's impossible to order a new remote online. I'm trying to order a 360 remote but the "order now" button pictured below doesn't have a link attached to it. So it's just a useless button. Could anyone provide the actual link? or is it a case of having to wait in line on the phone?

remote.png

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi NRP5000 

You can either call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults)  least waiting time is if yuo call around 8am when lines first open.

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and order the remote.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and help.

In the meantime you can download and use the TVGo app as a temporary remote

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NRP5000,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're struggling to order a remote online. Do you please have the link to this particular page you can send over, so we can get the link mapped to the button fixed?

I've dropped you a private message so I can get a remote ordered for you 😊

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NRP5000 

Thanks for providing the requested details to me via PM. 

I've arranged for a new remote to be sent out to you free of charge. Please allow up to five working days for the remote to be delivered.

Kind regards

Beth

Thanks. That's great. The link is below. You get to it by going through the help pages and choosing faulty remote,

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to/guides/tv/remote-not-working/360/order-remote

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @NRP5000, and I'm pleased to read that my colleague was able to order the remote control for you.

We'll be sure to have the link looked into and resolved as soon as we possibly can for our customers - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

David_Bn

NRP5000
Tuning in

Thanks. Received new remote today. Just to point out that we were actually charged £10 for it. In case anyone reads this and expects a free remote. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NRP5000 👋

Thanks for following up regarding your remote, it's great to hear you've received this, however, unexpected that you have been charged.

The remote processed by Beth was free of charge, so it would be best to pop her a private message off the back of your previous conversation, where she can look into this and assist you further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Beth, it’s been 2 months and this link is still not working. I need a new remote as I have been coping without a remote for months but I can’t log onto the apps like Disney or iPlayer with the virgin go app as it freezes as soon as it gets to the person select page or terms and conditions page (channel 4) I have looked online for months but I keep going around in circles. Please can you organise a remote to be sent to me?

Hey sthomps302, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I will send you a PM now to get one ordered 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?