cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel activation

steveandpaula5
Joining in

I don’t understand why it takes over a week to activate tv channels, over a week a go I accepted a Skysports channels offer for half price via an email from Web sales and had the confirmation email with my order reference and here I am still waiting for another email from web sales to confirm that my channels have been activated.

so enjoying especially as it was timed for the start of the F1 season, looks like I’m going to miss the first race, or have they just completely forgotten me.

in the days when I had Sky TV,  channel activation was virtually instant, is it me or are Virgin media just slow and hard work ?

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

I had a similar problem when I accepted the offer for Sky Sports UHD, I phoned Virgin and selected the "leaving option" and spoke to retentions, spoke to a helpful person you put me hold briefly while he checked the offer and when he returned he switched on the UHD straight away.

For some reason they do say the Web sales may take up to 7 days I guess that is cover themselves in case they get inundated with people accepting.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Superstar

I had a similar problem when I accepted the offer for Sky Sports UHD, I phoned Virgin and selected the "leaving option" and spoke to retentions, spoke to a helpful person you put me hold briefly while he checked the offer and when he returned he switched on the UHD straight away.

For some reason they do say the Web sales may take up to 7 days I guess that is cover themselves in case they get inundated with people accepting.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @steveandpaula5 

As @roy247 correctly states it can take 7 days for web sales to be actioned.  These are performed manually, but sorry to advise currently there is a backlog with regrades so it may even take up to 14 days.

I suggest speaking to "thinking of leaving" (150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, option 4) which @roy247 did when he added the Sky Sports UHD channels as they may be able to activate them straight away for you, rather than having to wait for the back office team.

In the future if you are going to be regrading or adding channels then I suggest calling VM rather than performing it online ot via webmail as the agents can usually activate them whilst you are on the phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I’m waiting to speak to a person on the phone now. I didn’t get an option 4 for “thinking of leaving” so I’m in the queue for dummies like me.

So difficult to get something so simple done. 🤷‍♂️

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi steveandpaula5, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there was a delay in adding your channels. Anything that is processed via email goes to a back office team who complete the changes on the account. This can take up to 14 days but you'll be emailed once the changes are done. 

If it's been over 14 days and you've not received the new channels, pop back and let us know so we can help look into things further for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Many thanks for replying to my post, but it’s now almost 14 days since my initial confirmation email from web sales and my channels are still not activated, are you able to assist further with this.

Regards

Hi,

Did you try calling retentions, if you did what was their answer, the person I spoke to was very helpful and I got the activation straight away. 

Hi @steveandpaula5, no problem at all. Thank you for your response.

I can see you've spoken to the team since your latest post. Has this issue now been rectified?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel