cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box Software update has deleted recordings

wrxseeker
Tuning in

Hi 

At some point my 360 box has updated to the latest software version and in doing so has deleted all my recordings and my planned recordings.

Anyone else have this issue and is there any way to get the back ? 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

If all the box has done is updated to 5.08 then it 'shouldn't' have deleted your recordings, can you still pause and rewind live TV to check the hard drive, also are you able to set a recording to see if it records.

If you can't do any of the above then it does sound like the 360 is faulty also if it has deleted your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option but try the keep recordings option first and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Hi

It still pauses and rewinds. It has also let me record programmes and schedule recordings.

Therefore I’m not sure the box is actually faulty - maybe I will monitor it for a few days.

Really annoying that it has lost all the recordings and there is no way to back these up somehow before it does an update.

Hi wrxseeker, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue which has resulted in your recordings being deleted. If the update you're referring to is from the V6 to the 360 software then all your recordings would be deleted along with any wishlists and series links too. 

If your 360 has just updated then the recordings shouldn't be affected. I can see that roy247 has given some tips but if they are deleted then I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to undelete them. Please let us know if this happens again or if you have any further issues so we can look more closely into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks - it was orginally a V6 box that was upgraded to 360 a few years ago.

It has been fine ever since apart from this latest software update.

Although it seems to be working ok at the moment, would it be worth getting a replacement now, while it has no recordings on it to save losing anything should it fail again?

Hi wrxseeker,

Thanks for coming back - I agree, I think it's best that we resolve the problem before it occurs again and causes further inconvenience.

I've dropped you a PM so I can take your details and have a look.

Beth