cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 migration while I am abroad

clos
Tuning in

I know there are quite a few messages on the forum about this subject but I'm a bit confused about when my current sim will stop working.

I got an email stating switch over date was 5th September but if I was abroad I would lose service after 5 days. However my sim is still working now on 13th September.   So have I misunderstood the email?

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi clos,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. If you're out of the UK when the migration takes place, then its done again in 30 days, If you're still out of the country when this happens then a sim will get sent out after 5 days. If you don't activate it in this time, you'll then need to call O2 to get a replacement.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thank you for  your reply.

I  also got the same emails about switch over dates being on  5th July and 5th August.  So is the final migration date opportunity or could it just carry on indefinitely?

Hi Clos, 

Thanks for coming back to us about your migration. 

It would not be possible to have it be pushed back indefinitely as we will be Switching everyone over by a specific date, if any customers are not migrated by that time then their service would be turned off until they spoke to O2 to have a SIM replacement sent. 

We would highly recommend not waiting until this happens as there is more risk of an issue occurring the longer you leave it/let it run over. So if there's a chance you can do the migration soon whilst you're in the UK it would be beneficial 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L