cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam like home issues

Fredchuj
Joining in

Hi,

I am in Guadeloupe where Roam like home is applicable. For some reasons, Virgin has charged me as if I am in Suriname (I checked my recent charges) . This is the second time it happens.  The first time, last year, I paid around £160 to keep the service while away.  I'm back here and same thing happens. I spoke to Customer service which cost me £100 only to be told I was in the wrong! How? Now they blocked my incoming and outgoing calls and billed me £139. I was supposed to enjoy a service as per Virgin's claims. Instead, I have a huge bill and they don't recognise my location. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Fredchuj, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with the roaming charges.
The country mentioned is covered, however it is near an area which is not covered so possibly it may be that the wrong signal mast has been assigned which is why it has charged.
I am not saying this is the case but it may be potentially, when you speak with the team - what do they advise?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply. They said that I'm under the North American coverage which is crazy when on my bill it says Suriname. Why do Virgin include Guadeloupe if they can guarantee coverage?

I feel it's a technical issue which I'm paying the price for and Customer service was very arrogant telling I was in the wrong and offering me a £30 voucher as a good will gesture. Now I'm still in Guadeloupe unable to place or receive calls because of my bill. 

Thanks for the reply.

I'll investigate further in to this for you and see what has happened.
I'll send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has been coming up for a year if you search old posts. 

So obviously never fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for speaking with us today @Fredchujon the forums.

I'm sorry we weren't able to get things resolved.
As advised - you'll get a deadlock letter which you can take to the Ombudsman and they will be able to get this sorted out for you.

We do aim to help in all cases, but sometimes where parties differ, we need a 3rd party to sort this out, as is the case here.

Let us know how it goes with the Ombudsman decision, you can refer yourself to them here.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team