cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wi Fi calling keeps dropping out at server

organic-uk
Joining in

Hi

I am in same boat WIFI calling keeps dropping just got new phone 5 Flip and it was same on my old Samsung S10E.

I moved fro 3 and that was rock solid any advice for me?

14 REPLIES 14

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @organic-uk,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues here - not the level of service we aim to provide at all. Just so I have a better understanding, is your broadband with us currently? As I want to determine where the issues is - what's the service like when you're using 4G/5G? Also, are you able to check out this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling as there is a section that covers if it isn't working. 

Joe

Hi

My broadband it with a different provider but it happens in other places where I live and work as well.

Hey @organic-uk,

Thanks for getting back to me, I would advise checking the link I provided, or check that the WIFI connection you have when you lose it is stable. 

Joe

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@organic-uk Samsung phones have 2 settings for WiFi Calling. Network Preferred where it will only kick in when the signal drops below a determined level. And WiFi Preferred when it will stay on as long as you have a WiFi signal

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

organic-uk
Joining in

But when It drops I loos the settings for WiFi Calling and have restart my phone for it to come back. The same in the drop down setting no wifi calling tab.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @organic-uk.

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced when trying to utilise the Wi-Fi calling function on your handset.

Can you please confirm if you've got a mobile phone service with Virgin Mobile, or has this since been moved over to O2?

Have you possibly spoken to Samsung in relation to this matter?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

organic-uk
Joining in

This was happing about 2 month ago think I was on Virgin Mobile as they said October when I move in last email.

Thanks for coming back to me @organic-uk.

Can you please confirm if you've discussed this with Samsung?

Has the sim card been attempted in an alternative handset, to see if the Wi-Fi calling service performs to the same standard?

Thanks,

David_Bn

organic-uk
Joining in

I have not discussed with Samsung.

This was happing on my old phone the S10E same sim just moved it over to my Flip 5 and same problem on S10E.

Thanks

Dave