cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data no internet

David_Meek
Tuning in

Recently switched from BT to Virgin mobile and transferred old to Virgin number. No problem with calls or texts.
Can access internet via wireless but no connection via mobile data.
Been through the trouble shooters, ie. WIFI off, data on, rebooting etc.
Phone is a Cubot Power - not listed in the models to search for help and the IMEI number(s) are not found - phone returns two numbers , 358071090175141 and 358071091175140.
Need help with mobile settings, specifically, Preferred networks setup, APN and Network operator. Any help would be appreciated.
Sure this did work yesterday when using google maps (assuming I had a mobile connection along with GPS signal) but no internet connection via mobile now 😞

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David_Meek,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing data issues after switching to us!

I've had a look at things this end and everything looks OK and all the settings are as they should be. However, after checking your area for any faults, we can see that a mast in your local area isn't working as it should, which would be causing issues with your services. You can find out more information by inputting your postcode here under the 'Network Issues' tab.

However, just to be on the safe side, I want to make sure that there's not two different faults running concurrently here. Are you able to use your data in other areas away from the home?

To ensure that your APN settings are correct, you can text 'ALL' to 789922.

I hope this helps!

Beth

I'm sure it worked yesterday away from home in conjunction with Google maps.

Just tried my new virgin sim in son's phone and could access internet via mobile through that.

Hi David_Meek,

Thanks for your reply.

That sounds like a good sign, in terms of the issue not being caused by a settings or configuration issue.

In that case, I would keep checking the O2 Network Issues page as linked above to keep updated with the progress of the fix and more information will be provided when available.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst we work on a fix.

Beth

David_Meek
Tuning in

Tried to check  the  APN settings by texting  'ALL' to 789922 but no reply.

The APN settings (working with my sim) on my sons phone are quite different to mine, tried to copy them but still no luck.

Hi @David_Meek thanks for your reply.

As mentioned, hopefully the O2 service checker page can provide more clarity soon and that this issue is sorted for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the replies. From my own research seems my phone was just too obscure and old, as the new sim worked in another phone decided a new phone was needed and in fact solved the problem.

Thanks again...

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for keeping the thread updated with that information 🙂 

If you need us going forward - please just give us a shout. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.