cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Came to know through credit file there is outstanding balance and default status got added

naveen2451
Joining in

Hi,

I requested the closure of the Virgin mobile account in my name in October 2022 and it was migrated to my cousin's name and the direct debit was also shifted to his account.
He was able to use the services from Oct 2022 and payments were been deducted from his account from the same month.

I've checked my credit file this week as I'm going for the mortgage but surprisingly I could see the default status has been flagged onto my file, for which I've got a rejection due to poor score. 😞

There is no correspondence regarding the due amount.

I tried reaching virgin customer care 4 hours a day for the last 4 days to fix the issue, but I was circled between virgin and o2 technicians and was able to get the final outstanding bill to my inbox. During the migration of the account from account to another the issue has occurred.

Following queries I couldn't get help from customer care on phone.

Help needed as I need to progress with my mortgage application:
1. How to clear the outstanding balance and how to pay?

2. How to request for the status update at my credit file?

Thanks,
Naveen

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A credit score is 1) Strictly internal to an individual lender, and 2) A marketing term invented by some credit agencies who want to sell you additional services. What matters are the entries on your statutory free credit file. A default on there means you have an outstanding debt that has gone unpaid.

If you were to pay the default, then you are acknowledging the overdue debt is valid and demonstrating that you;re a late payer - the default will not be removed and will be marked as settled. Is that the outcome you want?

If you believe the alleged default is invalid, you should send documentary evidence of why it's wrong - to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis. If they agree with you, then the default should be removed or a correction made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello naveen2451.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about the credit file and outstanding balance from your mobile account.

It does look like @japitts has explained the situation and resolution fully.

As well as the email address supplied above, You can also write to our Credit Amendments Team with the following information:

Name.

Account Holders Name.

Full Address where you had the services.

A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file.

Contact details for yourself.

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The address you need is.

Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ

Gareth_L