cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill for 6p

LenG
On our wavelength

I recently received a bill for 6p from thanks@virginmobile.com.  Seemed a little odd as I generally don't get mobile bills due to my Oomph bundle or whatever it is called but I assumed it was some small data charge in incurred signing up for a health app.  Payed by credit card.  Since then I have found a couple of reference to scams associated with this address.  Is it genuine?

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LenG,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm afraid that does look like a fake email address. It's not one I'm familiar with and we wouldn't send an email where you pay directly via the email itself. If there's an outstanding charge this would be present on your latest monthly bill which you can check via your online account. We also list ways you can make genuine payments to us here.

You can find more details regarding scam emails here. If you feel like there's been some invalid payments from your bank account, I'd recommend contacting your bank at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

LenG
On our wavelength

This is becoming bizarre.  I looked back at the original email and it actually claims to be a virginmedia bill for June and looks completely genuine, including the tail end of my telephone and account number.  I fought my way through the Barlcaycard phone helpline and they record that a payment was indeed made today for 6p, although I couldn't get it to tell me who to.  Their website seems to lag and does not show the transaction at all.

Just had a brainwave and logged back into my VirginMedia account ... which shows a bill of 6p and a payment made today of the same amount.  However, I cannot find any information on why this amount has been charged.

Short of blocking my credit card and requesting a new one - which would cause all sorts of chaos - I can't see what I can do.  This will probably remain one of life's odd mysteries.

Hi @LenG,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly on this.

For peace of mind, what I'll do is send you a private message shortly. If you respond to that when you're next able to I can then take some details from you, take a look into the account, and confirm when/if we've received any payments and in turn clarify if the payment was genuine.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

LenG
On our wavelength

I think I figured this out.  Apparently there is a class of call which is not free even on an all-in account.  They are some sort of management class of call and all start with a limited set of numbers.  I found a little black box with details but could never get back for it.  Anyway, I am now assuming that the bill wsa for usch a call although I don't remember making it.  I later received an acknowledgement of 6p charged and 6p paid.  I would have come back here but for some reason could not access this thread either. I have to say that sometimes the Virgin forums/website seem a little less than intuitive to use.

Thanks for popping back with the update LenG, we're glad to hear you have gotten to the bottom if this. There are some numbers that are chargeable even on the top packages, these are usually set up as 'private numbers' which usually start with 09 and are chargeable.

If you need us again in the future, please let us know.

Rob