cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv guide errors

scashman
Joining in

I had a error on the tivo box near christmas, c133, a connection issue, I called customer service and went around doing all the same stuff I had already done and the issue was unresolved and a engineer booked, this resolved iself the day after, since then though most of the channel listing state to be annouced so we cannot see what is coming up or record anything as it cannot be selected, as before I have powered of completely mutiple times and this still occour, any help as I really cannot be bothered wasting my time calling up once more,

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @scashman 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're not seeing programme information on your tv guide. 
Can you confirm how you have your set top box connected to the internet? Is this through a wired connection or WiFi?

Please can you try Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now to see if this brings up the tv guide information.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @scashman 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're not seeing programme information on your tv guide. 
Can you confirm how you have your set top box connected to the internet? Is this through a wired connection or WiFi?

Please can you try Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now to see if this brings up the tv guide information.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I somehow missed this post. And @Carley_S  - if the OP genuinely has a TiVo, it's got the in-built 'net connection and doesn't use WiFi... @scashman  please check at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Can you use OnDemand? This uses the same internet connection and is a good test. If you do have a TiVo & not a V6, do you have any flashing green LEDs on the front-left of the box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

the box is hard wired straight into the virgin connection point, to be honest i feel this box is outdated and would like it to be upgraded, everytime i call about a issue i am advised to turn it of for 10 minutes, when i called about the c133 error they seemed to think it was the remote control not working and had to waste my time changing the battteries, @japitts yes thanks its the rounded thing that is slower then a slug,

10 minutes after writing this I am once again stuck on the menu screen, I do not use the box as my mother does, she said there was a error about copper wiring the other day, im guessing the removel of adsl, i would really prefer to not spend any more time on this and would like a newer box or a engineer visit, if this continues i would like to open my complaint about taking 4 weeks to get my landline sorted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per my previous post which included a link to photos of each box - can you confirm whether you have a TiVo or a V6?

And if it's a TiVo - is the heartbeat light on the front-left, flashing when you have problems?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

scashman
Joining in

Hi,

I believe i stated before it is connected by wire directly into the virgin connection point.

Please can you try Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now to see if this brings up the tv guide information. I have just tried this and its on the last part and has got to 18 percent after a hour, this doesnt seen quite right to me

thanks

scashman
Joining in

I guess I have to start a new thread as my other was closed as resolved due to no contact rather then me saying the issue was resolved, so as per my last post, now ongoing for over a month

I had a error on the tivo box near christmas, c133, a connection issue, I called customer service and went around doing all the same stuff I had already done and the issue was unresolved and a engineer booked, this resolved iself the day after, since el listing state to be annouced so we cannot see what is comithen though most of the channng up or record anything as it cannot be selected, as before I have powered of completely mutiple times and this still occour,

it is a tivo box

It it wired directly to the virgin point

as per the prev request I have gone into the settings and tried connect to the network, this is sat on 15 percent after a hour, mutiple reboots (complete power Off ) have been done.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thank you for finally confirming you have a TiVo, albeit there was no need to both start a new thread and reply to your existing one - one single reply would have sufficed.

TiVo's use the same co-ax connection as used for TV services also for internet (unlike the V6 which doesn't - this is why I asked several times for this info). If your TiVo has been offline for a while, it wouldn't be a surprise for the first connection to take a while (either 15% or 18% depending which post I read).

On the front-left of your TiVo there's 3 green LEDs, the heartbeat symbol is the online indicator - does this ever flash or is it static?

TiVo's do let you set manual recordings whenever there's an issue with the EPG.

Hi thanks, I started a new post as it was marked as resolved, I believe I have stated it is the tivo box as it is the only rounded one on that list which mine is, it has not been left off for more then the 5 minutes I have been asked to mutiple times, As far as I can see the the heartbeat green LED remains static.

thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@scashman wrote:

Hi thanks, I started a new post as it was marked as resolved

This has happened because you've clicked the "mark as solution" option on Carley's 7th Feb 17:26 reply above - you can unselect this if you'd prefer.

If you leave the TiVo for a period of time, does the EPG process successfully complete eventually? If not, there's evidently a fault somewhere - faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course, assuming you have VM home broadband.