cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box Stuck in a loop of Starting Up and No Signal then Repeats again

arizonakid
Tuning in

removed

I am recovering slowly from a stroke 7 days ago and keep screwing the Virgin help system up. I have managed to complete all the checks that I can do but cannot access a techies visit.

My box is in a loop of Startup - No Signal- Thgen repeat.

How can I quickly and easly book a techie visit  Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The quickest way to report a service fault is to call in.

Choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" then don't press anything else - just wait silently on the line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @arizonakid 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

First of all, we're really sorry to hear what's happened to you and hope you're recovering okay.

Regarding the TV issue, are there any lights showing on your Tivo box? If so, can you please try the following steps:

1. Turn off the power to the set top box
2. Check all cables are connected securely to the set top box, to any splitters that are in use and to the wall socket
3. Turn on the power to the set top box and wait for it go through its connection process

Once done, please pop back to us and let us know how you're getting on.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel

arizonakid
Tuning in

Thanks Daniel

sorry about the delay but I have just carried out your instructions and there were lights on so I selected the hdmi as my source and the screen showed Starting up... then switched to No Signal with a blue exclamation symbol. After a short while a message appeared saying that the TV had been switched to standyby mode. The second time I tried it it just stayed with the Startng up...  message displayed on the screen

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for trying the steps provided by my colleague. 

As this has not helped, we may need to arrange a visit from a technician to look in to this further. 

I will pop you over a private message (inbox in the red bar at the top of the page) to take a few more details now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat