cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if it's me or VM

WHITELIONX
On our wavelength

So a few weeks ago I had a replacement tivo box sent to me after the hard drive failed on the other box. All went smoothly then from out of nowhere our area lost access to water and electricity for around nine or so hours. I didn't think much of it at the time but since we lost power (some company did an awful job with wiring thus losing water and electricity) I have had issues with my tv. Basically I've not had tv for around two weeks but I've put off even mentioning it until now because if I check server status I'm told there is a fault in my area which has been ongoing for two weeks.

If I reset my box it all loads and I'm able to watch tv for five maybe ten minutes at a time then I lose picture and sound and have to restart the box again just for five or ten minute worth of viewing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WHITELIONX wrote:

I would feel awkward asking for a new box considering I only received a new box only a few weeks ago

I'm not sure why - you pay for a fault-free service, and servicing is part of that. Technically you're not asking for a replacement, you're reporting a fault with your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WHITELIONX wrote:

Basically I've not had tv for around two weeks

In what way - can you explain the symptoms?

If your TV box is resetting anything more than occasionally, it has a fault.

TiVo boxes have been replaced with V6 for quite a while now - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

"If I reset my box it all loads and I'm able to watch tv for five maybe ten minutes at a time then I lose picture and sound and have to restart the box again just for five or ten minute worth of viewing." I would feel awkward asking for a new box considering I only received a new box only a few weeks ago 😕 I have the v6 box but I just call it a tivo box lol

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WHITELIONX wrote:

I would feel awkward asking for a new box considering I only received a new box only a few weeks ago

I'm not sure why - you pay for a fault-free service, and servicing is part of that. Technically you're not asking for a replacement, you're reporting a fault with your V6.

Hi WHITELIONX

It's disappointing to hear of the set top box issues following the replacement, we're happy to help and please don't feel uncomfortable asking for help or support, as japitts advises, you pay for a service and we want to make sure it works for you.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Rob

All is working now 🙂