cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faults with 11 year old Tivo Box

johnstars
On our wavelength

I have intermittant faults with 11 year old Box. I have spent many hours on VM website getting nowhere and going round in circles. This is not helped by not being able to log in to my E mails or account etc, as my unhanged password is not accepted. Attempts to change this are also rejected. Can someone please help.

Faults are pictures on TV freezing for a couple of seconds when playing a recording and recordings being made in two distinct halves. In addition am unable to record more than 3 programmes at a time, or receive ITV X or You tube for example. Is it correct to be charged for a service, part of which I cannot get?  On trying to get help from help pages or calling 150 , tests show nothing wrong with my phone call ended, or 'talk to us' not being available.

Sorry, but at least talking to someone in India did allow contact and discussion, which VM has now made impossible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a mixture of faults and design issues here, but fundamentally your TiVo is 14years old and elderly by current standards. It only has 3 recording tuners, and doesn't run the ITV-X app by design.

However, freezing pictures on recordings/delayed TV is a sign of hard drive failure. The YouTube app should work, and recordings being in 2 parts suggests the box is restarting during the programme. Assuming you have VM home broadband, faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course. This is a much newer box with far more capable hardware but running the same familiar TiVo-software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a mixture of faults and design issues here, but fundamentally your TiVo is 14years old and elderly by current standards. It only has 3 recording tuners, and doesn't run the ITV-X app by design.

However, freezing pictures on recordings/delayed TV is a sign of hard drive failure. The YouTube app should work, and recordings being in 2 parts suggests the box is restarting during the programme. Assuming you have VM home broadband, faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course. This is a much newer box with far more capable hardware but running the same familiar TiVo-software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey johnstars, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

Let me send you a DM and we can look at getting this fixed for you.

Please look out for my DM. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?