cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching recorded programmes on Windows 11 laptop

PHOEBU5
Tuning in

I have installed Virgin TV Go on my Samsung tablet, my Samsung smartphone and my Windows 11 laptop. I am able to watch live programmes on all devices and recorded programmes on the two Android devices. However, when I attempt to watch exactly the same recorded programmes on the laptop, they are all marked as "Only on Virgin TV Box" or, alternatively, "This programme can only be played on your Virgin TV Box". Please advise on how one can watch recordings on Windows 11 laptops, or is there a software upgrade to overcome this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you won’t be able to watch recordings on any Windows equipment such as laptops, as they are capable of making illegal copies. It is a restriction imposed by the broadcasters to avoid copyright infringements.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you won’t be able to watch recordings on any Windows equipment such as laptops, as they are capable of making illegal copies. It is a restriction imposed by the broadcasters to avoid copyright infringements.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks, makes sense. Tablet is fine, albeit smaller screen, but I can always cast to TV if on travel.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PHOEBU5 wrote:

Thanks, makes sense. Tablet is fine, albeit smaller screen, but I can always cast to TV if on travel.

I think you will find that is blocked too. Viewing channels on a TV is restricted to the address your boxes are installed at (another broadcaster restriction).