cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Tv Go (Firefox Browser

Coye
On our wavelength

I had an issue with virgin tv go on my desktop it works fine bu i ws using microsoft edge and for some reason everytime i closed edge and then watch it again it will say register device which did and this happens over over over until i run out of registering my desktop so i put a call in to virgin to find out what im doing wrong with know joy and they will reset my device so i can use virgin tv go on my desktop and theny raised a ticket i will get back to this ticket issue at the end , so i decided to use firefox browser and in the privacy and security section of setting i put the address of the virgin tv go website into data exceptions and saved the changes and ive been back on my desktop to watch virgin tv go and i signed in hey presto !! no register device it looks like firefox browser works for me thought i would share that with other members who may be having vrigin tv go on the desktop , and to cap it all off got a call back which i was not expecting to ask how it went and told them my solution and thanked them for the call back was bit surprised by the call asked him and it was about my issue so my apologies for my rant bout call out the blue , i did not hear the ticket side of it but thank you for the call back 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Coye, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and updating us on your issue, what you did to resolve it and your feedback. 

Whenever an IT ticket is raised, more often than not the team will get in touch to confirm some checks. We're glad that you were able to resolve this though. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Coye
On our wavelength

Oh well back to normal with virgin tv go not used it for a while on my pc ive have not changed any settings same browser firefox data cookie exceptions  still in place but i logged on before to check and you have guessed it register device this is so annoying i logged off closed browser went back in and virgin tv go register device now i have three go`s left before i max out then i have to call virgin to reset plus the call takes awhile to get through why is it that we cant as a customer reset ourselves looks like another complaint that im going to log is it worth it !!! time bin virgin tv go whats the point when i will max out register devices every couple of days not happy one bit !!     

Coye
On our wavelength

Well kath im back to  square one with virgin tv go its asking to register device all of a sudden and ive made no chages to my browser not happy surel we should the option to reset when reached max devices at this rate i will max out every couple of days virgin tv go is binned   

Hey Coye, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please register the device and let me know if it works fine, we can look at resetting the devices from our end if you do end up maxing them out.

Just to confirm no friends or family are using this on any new devices at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Coye
On our wavelength

Hi Matthew ,

thanks for the reply no other people using the virgin tv go  I have done another post can you at that please

Virgin Tv Go Register Device Annoyance 

In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. Please provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs