cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM TV Go App Issue - Service not available

sukh187
Tuning in

Hi I've been receiving the following error on all my devices when opening the TV Go App has been happening for several weeks across several devices the App is on the.latest version and the devices are either android 13 or 14. Have tried on different WiFi and mobile networks seems like something is broken on my account, anyone experienced the same and know how do I get someone from VM to fix it!

11 REPLIES 11

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sukh187 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the VM app. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Do you get this on multiple channels on the app? Do you also get the issue when accessing TV go here? https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/home Can you let me know how long this issue has been ongoing?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi so the error appears after I open the app. I've tried logging out and back in same thing after authentication. I've deleted the app multiple times and reinstalled from the play store, same error. Been going on for at least 3 weeks maybe slightly longer. As mentioned happening on multiple devices where I have been able to access the app before. Screenshot attached.

1000002412.png

I've also just tried the link you provided and I get the same error in a different format

1000002429.png

Thanks for getting back to us @sukh187.  Sorry your TV go issue is still ongoing.

I would like to take a closer look at your account on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Could you message me re issue below please?

Hi, I have ipad2 mini, 2015, iOS 12.5.7, and my sky sports app using virgin media login logo stopped working. Unknown error was message. Done all the usual checks, uninstalls, reboots etc, no luck.

Then trying to fix that, Virgin TV go app will not allow me to login, was fine, and states Service not Available, oops, service not available. Try again in a few minutes. This does not resolve. Uninstall reinstall all usual stuff to try, different network, mobile data all the same. To be clear, the Apps work, they load, and for any terrestrial TV all fine, this only happens when having to sign in so I can watch what I subscribe to.

Interestingly, trying to login to Virgin Media website also fails, enter username email / password, it scrolls along, and does not log in. All works fine on my Huawei pro 30 and my Win 10 pc. Further testing, installed on Samsung S10 and an old Huawei p smart 2017 ..both working no issues.

Is this due to the age of the iPad, as both apps available and will install from apple store. Virgin TV go app even states my device is compatible. Please help, thanks 

 I have the same problem.   Not been able to get on since before Christmas.   The app does not work or the web link.   

IMG_3239.png

IMG_3240.png

Hi @Bishenden, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

I can see you've been in touch with the team since you posted. Has a resolution to the problem been provided?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the response.  

We went through a number of processes but it is now with your IT team who will hopefully fix the problem in 5 days.  

Thanks

Nick

Hey @Bishenden,

Thanks for confirming this, do let us know how this progresses and if there is anything further that we can do for you.

Joe