cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv Go App fuzzy picture

Mash691
On our wavelength

I am using the Tv Go App on my iPhone and when I try to watch a tv show the picture scrambles. I can hear it ok but the picture is fuzzy. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No worries at all, when Apple do roll this out which is normally around September time there will be an update for it.

If you can do it should work fine, and I am happy to hear this.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mash691

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with TV GO on your iPhone. 

Does this happen on any other devices?

Could you please delete and reinstall the app on your phone to see if this resolves the issue?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Mash691
On our wavelength

Hello and thank you for your reply. I have tried deleting the app and downloading it again but I get exactly the same thing. It is working perfectly on my  iPad. I have tried turning mobile data off to only use WiFi and that doesn’t help. Then I tried turning WiFi off so that it only uses mobile data and again the same result. When the Tv go app is open with the channel list open and the small screen above the picture is fuzzy. If I drag up to close the app and the small screen floats over my apps the picture is fine. But then if I press the icon to enlarge to fill the window in returns to being fuzzy. I would like to send you a screenshot to show you how it looks, it’s not pixelated, it’s a definite pattern.

Thank you for confirming it is okay on the Ipad.

If this is the case and its only on the phone it could be an issue with the actual phone device.

This is just streaming the content from the TV so unless its blurry or faulty on TV it should be fine on the app, which does lead to an issue with the phone.

I would check watching other content on the phone such as Iplayer, ITV hub, Netflix etc to see if its fuzzy there.

I would also make sure the phone and app is fully updated. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matt, Netflix, IPlayer, itv and 5 apps all work perfectly. I am on iOS 17 and running the latest tv go app.

IMG_1450.png

This is the pattern I get. 

All the best

Martin

Are you on the IOS17 beta as this is only in the preview stages this is probably why its happening.

As IOS17 is only is the test stage our app is currently only really due to with with IOS 16 to 12 not 17 sorry. 

Ipads run a slighter different version of IOS than the phones does. 

This will be the isuse sorry until September time our app developers won't make an update for this IOS. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Great minds think alike😀. As I typed ios17 I remembered I enrolled for the beta program. I just noticed that I could update to 17.3 but I will probably revert back.

Thank you so much for your help with this, I suspect you have solved my problem.

Have a great day 👍

No worries at all, when Apple do roll this out which is normally around September time there will be an update for it.

If you can do it should work fine, and I am happy to hear this.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matt, I just thought I would let you know that I stayed with the Apple beta program but upgraded to 17.3 and now the tv go app works perfectly.

All the best

Martin.

Hi Mash691

Thank you for the update, were happy to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide