cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVGO maximum devices reached

frankgibb
Dialled in

I can see there are a few threads with a similar issue to mine but none of those have a resolution which is avaiable to everyone - they require private messages.

My problem is that I can't use TVGO on any of the registered devices. I have 3. Each of them says there are 5 devices already using the app.

But I only have THREE devices reqgistered. Where can I see the 5 devices that are using the app and log them out?

TV GO has worked without issues for years until today. Very odd.

12 REPLIES 12

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi frankgibb 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your TV:GO service and its registered devices. TV:GO uses Cookies to identify your device, and whether it is registered, or not. If you have cleared your cache/cookies, or have used something such as Incognito/Private Mode, then your device will be identified as a new device on the app.

If you're using a desktop PC, then applications such as an Antivirus or Cleaner can also cause these cookies to be deleted, and require them to be re-registered.

I'm going to send you a private message, to assist further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi frankgibb 👋

Thanks for your quick replies in our private message conversation. I'm glad we've been able to resolve this issue. If you do need anything else, please do not hesitate to make a thread in the relevant section and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

frankgibb
Dialled in

For those reading this later - the issue was resolved by VM deleting all the registered devices. No concrete explanation as to why this was necessary, perhaps the update to the App a couple of weeks ago may have caused it.

Hey @frankgibb Thanks for reaching out to us with an update. 👋🏼

I'm glad this has been resolved for you although I understand the frustration about this.
When a registered device is deleted it allows more room for devices to be added again.

Sometimes a bug may occur where the devices need to be reset to get them working, however this only occurs on a small number of cases.
Reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

frankgibb
Dialled in

This problem has re-occurred tonight. Strangely the same as last time when I wanted to watch the football on my iPad. Since the fix I’ve only used one device on the TVGO app. My iPad. But now it says I’ve hit the max again.

Would be good if there was a way to see which devices are currently using the app.

And now it is working again thanks to the kind VM person who deleted all registered devices. 

Although strangely I did NOT have to re register my iPad.

Somehow I don’t think is the last time this will happen.

Thanks for coming back to us frankgibb and we're glad that your issues have now been resolved 👍

I’m not claiming to be Nostradamus, but I told you so. The problem has re-occurred.

I don’t use the app very often, mostly on Champions League nights when my wife is watching something else on TV.

And here it is again. Too any devices using the app. But there is no other person using it.

Why does this keep happening?

Hi @frankgibb thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV Go service. And for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  We do have advice and tips here, but as you've reached out to us, I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R