cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go - Registered Devices Exceeded

ialgie
On our wavelength

Hi

Had this happen over a year ago and now it's back.  Been locked out of the same laptop and same browser as I've always used, can this be reset and maybe you could find a fix?

Thanks

Iain

12 REPLIES 12

chriss1970
Joining in

I have the same issue. Never happened before and go the error when i opened the app which worked fine last week. Didn't know they weren't supporting the app any more so went to the web page and got the same error. I'm now unable to make any device changes till 1st Oct. Why do they always have to break something when it works ok?

qwakuk
Up to speed

Add me to the list

qwakuk
Up to speed

Just tried the Windows app now and still broken, its the same machine I have been using for years, it has decided it is called something else and that seems to be the problem

ialgie
On our wavelength

Got hold of a customer service person via WhatsApp and they reset all my devices.  As I've re-registered them then the only issue is with Windows.  Android and Apple apps all fine but when I register the Windows laptop it still keeps asking me to do it again even when it shows as "current device" in the list.  I suspect they have broken something in the background. I won't hold my breath waiting for a resolution at this point.

qwakuk
Up to speed

Appreciate your post, will not waste any more time on it and hopefully, eventually, they will fix it

ialgie
On our wavelength

Just to add to this - I now have it working in Chrome on a Lenovo ThinkPad.  The issue remains with Edge on a Surface Book.  Not sure which bits of this, if any, are relevant but it may help.  Have raised another query with the WhatsApp customer support people.

richtiffany
Joining in

Just wanting in on this chain. Both windows app on my pc and the android app on my phone are now asking me to register it as a new device.  No clearing of cookies has happened and it's exactly the same device. Happened for the first time last week for me, and the irony of it is it has now suggested exactly the same name for my android mobile as the one that was in the list.  Had to update devices 3 times last week, and so now I cannot add any new ones until 1st October...

Please help!

ialgie
On our wavelength

After further messing about rather htan doing my actual work, the issue I have is to do with the Edge browser.  I've now got the TV Go App working in Chrome on my Surface Book and Thinkpad, in Android on a phone and tablet and in iOS on an iPad.  I assume something has made TV Go and Edge incompatible at this time.  It would be great if that got fixed.  Or even logged.  Or maybe just a Virgin person would even notice.

Thanks

qwakuk
Up to speed

How did you get it it ignore Edge and go back to using Chrome for it login purposes ?