cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device management issues on Virgin Go.

Mickjm
Joining in

I can’t see one device listed not have no option to add more. It suggests I have 4 more devices to add but no means of doing it. Does something need resetting?'

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Mickjm 

Thank you so much for you post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with TV Go. Can I ask if your current device you are attempting to use is shown as the listed device? 

If not, what happens when you try to register a new device to TV Go? You can view steps on how to do this here. 

Mickjm
Joining in

Still waiting for a response. Quite simply how do i register a device given there is no means visible on the app under device management

Hi @Mickjm thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues registering devices for TV Go.  Please can you confirm the devices or types of devices you're attempting to add?  Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing the app on any portable devices, e.g Smart phones or tablets?  Or have you attempted to use our TV Go site directly if you're attempting to use a Laptop/PC?  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, trying to use Apple devices and have just removed and reloaded the app but no different. This messaging service suggests pictures can be added but a screenshot won’t load. Under device management I can see I can have up to 5 devices and currently have two, an iPad and iPhone, which have edit buttons beside them. There is no option to add any further devices !!!! 
if responding can you please share a screen shot of what I should be seeing, it’s as if tabs are missing. Becoming increasingly frustrated that something so simple is not so!!!

IMG_7959.png

Hi Mickjm,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, what is it you are trying to watch?

Regards

Paul.

Really? 4 days in and numerous replies and this is the best anyone can do. I’m simply trying to add devices to tv go and there is no means of doing so in what I can see of the app. Quite simply how do I add a device, provide a step by step guide, preferably including screen shots as I can’t see any means of doing it in the app under device management. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mickjm 

You don't add devices using device management.   That particular section is used for renaming and/or removing devices.

Download the TVGo app to the device you are wanting to watch the TV on and then sign in with your VM credentials on that device.  

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the response. What I still don’t understand is why I can’t see my device in device management. How am I supposed to edit devices if they’re not listed?