cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Registration

Kelso99
Tuning in

I have signed up for Sky Sports and TNT Sports today. I can log in on my laptop and TV to watch TNT sports fine. When I try to sign in to watch Sky Sports on my laptop I just keep getting an error message when clicking to view the content. The error code is OVP_00005

13 REPLIES 13

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kelso99,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your laptop using Sky Sports, do you have any other devices that you check with to see if you get the same error message?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, I have another laptop that does the same thing 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Kelso99. Are you able to use the TV GO application with out any issues?

Would you be able to un-install and re-install the app?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, I can use that fine on my laptop to watch tnt sports. When I click to go to sky sports it takes me to the sky sports site and opens the desktop application. I will try uninstall this then reinstall

Thanks Kelso99 and please let me know if that works for you. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Unfortunately, it has not worked. I still get the same error message.

Derek918
On our wavelength

Try watching sky sports on a smart phone or tablet first,that may kick start it then try again on laptop.

Kelso99
Tuning in

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried my phone as well, but same issue. I signed up to the offers today for both channels. Could it be there is a period for Sky to do something to allow me access on apps?

Good morning @Kelso99 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Can you try it this morning for me please? Are the channels working fine on the TV as well?

Just to be sure, you are logging into the Sky Sports website then clicking log in and then logging in with your My Virgin Media online account details? If it's on a laptop, have you installed their desktop video application as you'll need to do that via laptop/PC.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill