cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't watch CH5 on vm App on go over mobile data

MarkH28
On our wavelength

Why can't you watch CH5 over mobile data on vm tvgo app? Is this a new thing?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Inability to watch certain C5 content over mobile data is nothing new, but it seems more prevalent of late.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MarkH28
On our wavelength

I downloaded MY5 APP and watched it live on that over mobile data no problem. It was the snooker from 12:00-17 00 today.

Is it a virgin media thing then or ch5 thing, it not working over mobile data on vm tvgo app?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This will be down to the wholesale carriage agreement between VM & C5's owners - Paramount I believe. Having just installed the My5 app for experimenting purposes, I have to agree this is unusual.

Content owners are well known for pushing users onto their own branded services instead of using aggregation-type platforms, this could be another example.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for reaching out to us @MarkH28, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

It may be worth raising this directly with O2, who will now be supplying your Mobile data services, due to the merging of the businesses.

Thanks,

David_Bn