cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe web not working

jono-24
Joining in

I have tried switching safe web off and on rebooted the router, contacted Virgin phone help, spoke to technical, who said they would ring back but never did.

Safe web used to work in the past but hasn’t since December that I am aware of and sites that would have been blocked in the past are now accessible.

Has anyone had the same problem that can help, I am lost for ideas and given up on Virgin as been useless telling me to block each individual site which I find unacceptable since the safe web definitely worked in the past and it would mean blocking 1000,s of sites which is not my job.

10 REPLIES 10

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To troubleshoot this issue first confirm:

• the device from which Web Safe is not working is correctly configured to use Virgin Media's DNS. To do this go to https://1.1.1.1/help and confirm the AS Name value show is Virgin Media
  • go to http://nordvpn.com Does Web Safe block access?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@jono-24 wrote:

which is not my job.

Its not really VM job either

set your device to use DNS 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3

---------------------------------------------------------------

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jono-24,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with web safe at the moment. 

Are you able to access the settings in incognito mode or by clearing your browsers cache and trying again?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Steve, I finally got round to try your suggestion and it didn’t make any difference.

Have you any other suggestions? iMac and iPhone still both able to connect to adult content with safe filters on.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apple have introduced privacy features recently that will impact on the ability of Web Safe to work as intended.

AFAICS these are Private Relay and Safari Private Tabs — both bypass Virgin Media's DNS which is required for Web Safe to work.

Consider performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned in my pervious post to determine if Virgin Media's DNS is in use when Web Safe appears to not be working.

Hi, yes I checked that AS is set to VM and it doesn’t block Vord

Hi @jono-24 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, so that we can look into this further we would need to bring you in for a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Please could you PM me as I also tried all of the above and not working 

Hi @Nothappy1234,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear of your WebSafe issues. It looks like one of my colleagues has already responded to you about this on the other post that you made. We'll continue to assist you with this from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!