cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn of web safe or virus safe through website or app

Divad2303
Just joined

I am attempting to turn off the web safe and virus safe options for my broadband. I have tried multiple browsers, the app and the website and it keeps giving me the error that 'the changes you made were not saved'.

Any fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi David.

I am afraid not. this is ongoing for a number of customers, it is not an individual case. The best way around it is to Tether his phone to his laptop to get access to the website in question and the browsing ability should carry on over WiFi. 

I did try to get a timescale, the response i got was ASAP. Give it until 6pm and see if it allows you to save the choice made.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Divad2303 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are aware of an issue with the websafe feature, where customers cannot save the choices they have made. Our IT are on the case fixing the issue, we do not have a fix date as yet, but we are working as fast as possible currently to resolve the issue.

Sabrina

Is there anyway of this being resolved quicker sooner? I understand that it's currently being looked in to however websites that I and my flatmates use for university research are blocked under the 'hacking' topic.

I understand if not, many thanks, David.

Hi David.

I am afraid not. this is ongoing for a number of customers, it is not an individual case. The best way around it is to Tether his phone to his laptop to get access to the website in question and the browsing ability should carry on over WiFi. 

I did try to get a timescale, the response i got was ASAP. Give it until 6pm and see if it allows you to save the choice made.

Sabrina

Divad2303
Just joined

Okay, that's completely understandable. Thanks for your help and information regarding the issue.

Thank you, David