cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds problematic for video calls

helly78
Joining in

We are on Virgin M500 which is supposed to be average download 516 and average upload 36.

Our download averages on Ookla speed test 170 - 220 mbps (different on the virgin speed test but I don't trust that)

Our upload never gets higher than around 4mbps and this is the problem.  I work from home mainly on video and this is not working at all well.

Is there a problem inthe area?

Is there anything we can do to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wired or Wifi tests?

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Run the FULL tests on this site  www.samknows.com/realspeed and post the results here.

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

For large video I'd wish to use a network cable from the computer direct to the Hub. 

Given over 300Mb/s of bandwidth is being lost between the Hub and the computer, how are they connected ?