cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed (250 mbps service)

molecule
On our wavelength

Hi, 

sorry another slow speed query....Sams knows doesn't run for some reason. Speedtest result below. I have reset the router to factory setting, still the same. Checked service status, all seems to be good. It is a wired desktop.

250  mgbp getting around 80. It happened some time ago, for a month the internet was unusable, slow and intermittent. And so here I am again. Thanks

molecule_1-1699885018677.png

molecule_0-1699884763394.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

molecule
On our wavelength

Hello all,

Checked this morning and use a different port on the router and desktop and I have disabled Ethernet ports not used on the desktop. Got speed! Many thanks!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

molecule
On our wavelength

Sam reading

molecule_0-1699901678710.png

It' appears your device may have dropped from a 1Gbps ethernet connection to 10/100 (100Mbps), which may explain the slow speeds.

Can you check this in the network properties on your desktop?

Hi @molecule 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your speed concerns. I have checked systems at our side and cannot see any issues that might be affecting this. Your hubs power levels are good and there is nothing identified in the area. 

Have you been able to try the advise @carl_pearce has kindly offered to see if this has helped at all?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

molecule
On our wavelength

Hello all,

Checked this morning and use a different port on the router and desktop and I have disabled Ethernet ports not used on the desktop. Got speed! Many thanks!

Hi @molecule, no problem at all. That's great to hear 😀

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel