Pilzo
On our wavelength

Screenshot (34).png

28 REPLIES 28

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's very good.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pilzo
On our wavelength

So the fact that my DL speeds from router to pc is less than 10 Mbits, not bytes? It is a 1 gig coming in but only a 10th going to my pc via cat 6 ethernet. That's the issue. Port 4 from router straight into ethernet port on pc. Did you look at all results from SamKnows or just the what the router is receiving?

Client62
Legend

Looking at the Realspeed result the only thing that is not correct it the Hub Upload speed, 9.43Mbps is just nonsense.  A re-run of the test will perhaps clear that and get an answer more in the 100 Mbps region.

The download speed at the PC is shown as 1140 Mega bits per second.
I'm unclear why that is a concern given it is a perfect result.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just out of curiosity what is the speed of the NIC in the PC? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pilzo
On our wavelength

2.5Gb port 4 from router via cat 6 to mobo port also rated at 2.5Gb. Iam currently offline as my router cannot handshake to the cabinet. I have wireless but not ethernet, from router to pc which is sitting at less than 2 feet from the hub

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I have come to believe that all speed test mean nothing many things can make speed test look good or bad and not a real need of speed like watching 4K or downloading a game or file.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pilzo
On our wavelength

If you have nothing constructive to say please stop wasting my time.

Client62
Legend

Check for a local fault affecting your street via 0800 561 0061 it is an automated service.

@Pilzo wrote:

2.5Gb port 4 from router via cat 6 to mobo port also rated at 2.5Gb. Iam currently offline as my router cannot handshake to the cabinet. I have wireless but not ethernet, from router to pc which is sitting at less than 2 feet from the hub

But all you have posted is a SamKnows Realspeed test result, which appears to show a perfectly good connection, well ignoring the aforementioned nonsense 9.4 Mb/s upstream speed to the hub. Are you saying that despite this, your PC, connected via Ethernet is NOT getting the claimed 1140 Mb/s speed but rather, roughly a tenth of that?

Is this a Hub 5 by any chance?

The reason I ask, is that there have been quite a few posts on here claiming that some Hub 5s have a hardware fault wherein the Ethernet port only work at 100 Mb/s, which would fit in with what, I think, you are saying. The only fix is a hub replacement.

Despite what is often claimed, the SamKnows test on the VM hub, CANNOT be taken as definitively accurate, there is no means of independently checking it or any way of auditing that the code in the hubs which generate these results is valid and error free.