cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe not working

VGB9000
Tuning in

Hi Virgin Media,

My websafe is not working. Judging by the numerous posts on the community board it appears that i need to make a post here in order to fix it. I spoke with the help desk earlier today and they are unfamiliar with the issue.

Can someone at virgin media please reach out to me so that i can use websafe in my household please?

I can also confirm that i am using Virgin Media's DNS, I am not using a VPN and that websafe is currently switched for the past 2 days on my account.

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello VGB9000

Sorry to hear of the WebSafe issues experienced, we understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

What did the team advise when you spoke to them? Did they run any checks or escalate this to our support team to investigate further? Usually if a reset of the service doesn't resolve the issue it is passed to support via a ticket which can take up to 5 working days to resolve.

You have mentioned you're using the correct DNS with no VPN, are you using the Hub in modem mode with a third party router?

Rob

Hi Robert_P,

Thank you for the prompt response. I don't think the team I spoke to had the authorisation to run checks on their side. I believe they did access the backend of the my account (with my permission) and attempted to switch the websafe on there but it still didnt work. The person i spoke to was very hesitant to escalate to someone senior and when they did (approx 40 minutes into our call) the senior person told me that they raised an IT ticket and that I should hear back in 5 business days.

Neither of the people i spoke to were aware of this issue however looking at the numerous posts on this community forum it appears to be fairly recent and common issue. As i'm sure you are aware, this isn't a good issue for Virgin Media to have especially with the government putting more focus on child online safety.

I asked for proof that they sent the IT ticket but they were unable to give me any. With regards to your last sentence i am using the hub with all the components that virgin media provided me with.

Do you know what is causing this problem and how to resolve it?

VGB9000
Tuning in

Hi Robert_P,

I should add that its specifically the Child Safe category of Web Safety that isnt working

Thanks again,

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Things would be easier if you give kids a end device locked by the parent before giving to a kid but no here is a smart phone or PC you can do what you like well ship has sailed at that point lets blame the ISP they will save us.😑

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the update VGB9000, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Many others are having the same problem. Check this thread, particularly the last page.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Web-safe-not-working-when-enabled/td-p/5426904

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.