Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe Off but still blocking sites

johntoner1978
Joining in

Websafe settings off but still blocking sites

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.cyberghostvpn.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Just another issue that I have had since joining VM.   Help topics and online chat are useless

16 REPLIES 16

johntoner1978
Joining in

johntoner1978_0-1693678675109.pngjohntoner1978_1-1693678723538.png

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johntoner1978 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Is this only happening when you trying to access that particular site or is it others too?

The message does seem to indicate the website is at fault from the message you've said, does this happen on mobile data too?

Many thanks

Tom_W

johntoner1978
Joining in

Happens on all devices.   My Websafe is off but webites are being blocked.   www.cyberghostvpn.com is just an example.    I dont think this is an isolated issue.  I have seen loads of similar issues posted in this forum

Client62
Legend

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

Below are workarounds for when Child Safe & Virus does not or cannot be turned off

Changing network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access for the device.

Try computers with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For XBOX or Playstation: modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

For Android: 

Settings >> Connections >> More connection settings >> Private DNS

Set “Private DNS provider name” to:  dns.google   (disable when using mobile data)

Thanks Client62 but I would prefer is Virgin Just resolved the issue.  Yesterday I was able to get on restricted site but today its back to it was before. 

johntoner1978
Joining in

www.torproject.org    another example

johntoner1978
Joining in

another example

torproject.org

johntoner1978_0-1693838261564.png

Durgs
Tuning in

i am having issues where i want child safe turned on! seems to be a wider issue than they think it is. no resolution and i even phoned up yesterday. fixing this should be a priority.  

Client62
Legend

This Virus Safe / Child Safe management fault as existed for 12+ months.

You can sit on your hands or order a 3rd Party Wi-Fi Router and take control of the DNS for yourself.