cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect email

Blondini56
Joining in

Hi, I have received an email saying I might have malware on my device. Email reference is VMIS60-NETWORKATTACKS-F011241967

Is this genuine? Can I get more info on which device is sending the malware?

Thanks Nick

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media do send such notifications by email and/or letter but you will have to wait for a forum team member to confirm its authenticity.

It is not possible to identify which device on your home network is responsible for the malware notification because the reporting trusted third-party only sees your public IP Address.

Did the notification mentioned the malware name?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

No no mention of which malware

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not identifying the malware detected sadly seems the norm now in these notices.

The instructions given in the notice are similar to those here Malware Alerts | Virgin Media Help. If having followed the instructions no malware is found then you have done all that can be expected and hopefully no further notices will be received.

By the way, do keep in mind that guest devices no longer on your home network may have been responsible for the notifications.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Blondini56,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you've received a concerning email and that you're unsure if it's genuine. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly, and we'll be able to investigate further from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!