cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virginmedia IP address is being blocked due to alleged malware sending spam emails

Edd11
Tuning in

I have the same problem with websites flagging my IP address as potentially dangerous because of spy bots. I have only been using VM for less than 2 months! I have never ever had problems before like this.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Virgin Media has sold me a secondhand IP address and they admit it. I have asked to get a new IP address but nobody will help me the phone number is a robot that cuts you off and live chat is full of incompetent, imbeciles who can hardly understand English. I need a new IP address, a new hub or a huge discount on my contract for a secondhand IP address that has been flagged so you can't use websites.  Spamhaus ZEN and SORBS DUH are both flagged with my IP address and they refuse to delist the address. What the hell are you supposed to do? This is costing me money. It should be illegal for VM to do this as this is not the new product I asked for.

VM state " 

If you are a Virgin Media customer, you’ll have a dynamic IP address. That means you’ll likely be on one of the following blacklists:

• Spamhaus ZEN
  • SORBS DUHL
  • Protected Sky

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you Edd11.

Thanks for those details.

I have taken a look at this and arranged for a replacement hub to be sent out.

This can take around 3-5 days to be delivered by Yodel.

Tracking details will be emailed to you in the next 24 hours.

If you don't receive any please let me know and I can check the account again.

Once the new hub arrives its just a case of plugging it in, following the instructions included.

We do need the old hub back so just pop it in packaging and return to the nearest collect+ outlet.

Can you please let us know how things are after activation.

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you don't get anywhere with VM (It's unlikely they will allocate a new IP address unless the HUB is replaced) if you put your exisitng HUB in modem mode and use your own router you are allocated a different IP address.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Edd11.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your IP Address is blacklisted.

We wouldn't be able to offer any money back as resolution, What we would like to do is get this fixed for you.

So we can take a further look into this, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you Edd11.

Thanks for those details.

I have taken a look at this and arranged for a replacement hub to be sent out.

This can take around 3-5 days to be delivered by Yodel.

Tracking details will be emailed to you in the next 24 hours.

If you don't receive any please let me know and I can check the account again.

Once the new hub arrives its just a case of plugging it in, following the instructions included.

We do need the old hub back so just pop it in packaging and return to the nearest collect+ outlet.

Can you please let us know how things are after activation.

Gareth_L

Thank you so much, Gareth_L

It's good to know that people can still be trusted to take responsibility and do a good job. I'm Deaf and do not have or want a mobile phone so trying to get through to any Virgin product is impossible to get through to without a phone this is very disappointing. Virgin thinks it's great to offer Relay UK to the disabled but that only works if you have a phone number.

I will let you know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Edd