cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this identity fraud or theft?

JohnOrrett
Up to speed

Hi, I have had a blueyonder email account since the year dot, previously being a telewest customer. 

As part of my internet security, I have a Malwarebytes subscription. This morning it gave me an opportunity to check my email address for any breaches. This is the result:

Hi Junie Langer,

Thank you for submitting your email for your free Digital Footprint scan. This report shows just a sample of the information online that is associated with the email address you gave us. Please note: The information displayed may be unfamiliar to you.

• Associated name: Junie Langer
  • Associated address: removed NEW HAVEN CT 06512 UNITED STATES
  • Your IP address may be removed, which puts your location around xxxxx, United Kingdom
    Our scan results show your email address was linked to 13 companies that have reported breaches. The most recent breach occurred in August 2023.

Needless to say, I am not in San Jose, and have no idea who Junie Langer is! You will notice that even though the email was received into my blueyonder email account, it states 'Hi Junie Langer'.

Since this report this morning, my blueyonder email account on Outlook is not working, although my secondary Virginmedia account still is. The error message has disappeared, but was along the lines of there is an issue with your email address and it is temporarily unavailable. It was working perfectly until I received the security report. I have checked the app password and it is still as it was setup.

Many thanks.

John

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JohnOrrett 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues and just so you are aware we have removed some details to keep your information safe. 

Can I ask if this email is linked to a current and active broadband account with us? Can I ask how you are accessing the email? Is this web or client mail?

Good morning Ashleigh, many thanks for the response.

This is still an active account. The blueyonder email seems to be working OK, but would like some input into how my Malwarebytes security check return was headed to 'Junie Langer' etc.

I am accessing email via app and VM webmail.

Thanks,

John

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi John 👋 Thanks for getting back to us!

Appreciate the additional information, glad to hear the email is working okay! 

It may just be worth removing and re-adding the address on your outlook account. Are you currently using an app generated password for the account via the Outlook app?

You can read more about this here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can raise your concerns with the Cyber security team. (Sadly we are limited with what support and guidance we would be able to provide for a 3rd party service such as Malwarebites.)

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for sending this over John! 

Whilst we await a response from the internet security team, if you could please run through any of the steps outlined here 👉 My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help to try and ensure the account is secure. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly

Morning Molly,

Thanks for the advice, but all security mentioned has been reviewed (and is on a regular basis), all with no issues showing. Filter and blocklist rules being used also.

Thanks, John

Thank you for this @JohnOrrett 
The team are aware and we'll be in touch when with any available update for you regarding this via the private message you have opened. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JohnOrrett
Up to speed

Good morning Carley,

My blueyonder email is not working, presumably whilst you investigate? For any updates, can you please post them to my secondary email, [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] That way I can be notified of any update, as due to the blueyonder domain being unavailable, I would not recieve any updates posted.

Many thanks,

John

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]