cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is number [removed] a genuine one linked to Virgin Media or a scam I received yesterday.

SusieBee
Joining in

I'm a new customer and yesterday had a call from [removed], purporting to be from Virgin Media, informing me my Internet connection was not secure and it was a concern. The man called me 'Maam', and when I asked him the actual name of the person he wanted to speak to he wouldn't give it, just continued to be very persistent. I terminated the call. I cannot see anything online at the moment about that number being a scam so am now questioning if it was a genuine call or not!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SusieBee  Virgin Media do not make unsolicited calls of that nature so you can safely assume that it was a scam attempt.

The telephone number displayed is most likely spoofed as it is from a small village in Cheshire.  The moderators will remove the number as it may belong to an innocent party.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SusieBee  Virgin Media do not make unsolicited calls of that nature so you can safely assume that it was a scam attempt.

The telephone number displayed is most likely spoofed as it is from a small village in Cheshire.  The moderators will remove the number as it may belong to an innocent party.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks