cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harassment from 0800 052 1251

Jimmac2
Tuning in

Will you stop phoning me two or three times every day from 0800 052 1251? Despite me having blocked your number you persevere and have found a way to say I have a voicemail from that number. The voicemail is silent. Sinister stuff. And yes, I have twice changed my preferences on Virgin Media. Your conduct is arguably a criminal offence, particularly under Scots Law. Stop it now.

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Jimmac2 wrote:

Will you stop phoning me two or three times every day from 0800 052 1251? Despite me having blocked your number you persevere and have found a way to say I have a voicemail from that number. The voicemail is silent. Sinister stuff. And yes, I have twice changed my preferences on Virgin Media. Your conduct is arguably a criminal offence, particularly under Scots Law. Stop it now.

Have you opted out of marketing from VM via 'My Virgin Media'? If not, that would be your first option.

Also write to VM's DPO, using a signed for service, and instruct VM to stop contacting you for marketing purposes (address at bottom of this page)

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/privacy-policy

If they still persist your next stop would be to the ICO.

Hi, thanks for your advice. Yes, i have long ago opted out of marketing. So, receiving silent voicemails two or three times a day, every day, from a number I have blocked is somewhat alarming. I believe it amounts to a common law breach of the peace. If Virgin fails to desist, I will report to Police Scotland. Virgin monitors these posts. No need for recorded delivery letters.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you also have a mobile or sim with VM then you would also have to turn of the marketing in the mobile account by logging into

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login 

My Mobile> My Preferences > marketing

That takes up to 28 days to process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't now have a Virgin sim. Which I suspect is the issue for them.

Anankha
Problem sorter

The number certainly doesn’t have a good reputation here:
https://who-called.co.uk/Number/08000521251

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Jimmac2,

Welcome back to the community.

I'd advise to send the details to our DPO team, do let us know if any issues are faced during that and we'll advise further.

Regards,

Kain

Also receiving the same aggressive multiple calls. Very annoying 

Hey @Jameshewett87,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about this, can you confirm are you either a Virgin Media or Mobile customer? If so have you chosen to opt out of marketing calls If not you can do so here.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks. Joe

Aljie013
Joining in

Hi, just echoing what you have said in your message above. I am still receiving at least daily calls from 0800 052 1251. The caller is aggressive and the one time I tried to reason with them on a call the woman started fishing for my personal details despite having assured me that she was from VM. When I wouldn’t give her any information she got shirty with me and hung up. Virgin Media really need to grip this aspect of their operation. I can see from the posts that this issue has caused comment since 2018 - five years! The calls are harassing in nature and frequency. It is further damaging their already chequered reputation for customer service.