cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not blocking sites

J_Slater
Joining in

The child safe option is switched on within my account settings but it’s not blocking any sites. Please advise

9 REPLIES 9

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @J_Slater thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

J_Slater
Joining in

It was working a few days ago but has suddenly stopped working.

here is a screenshot that you’ve requested with other cases I’m having..

IMG_2664.png

AJC12
On our wavelength

Hi - unfortunately this issue has been going on for several weeks and there is no fix provided by Virgin - weeks of excuses but no-one has managed to change this as yet sadly.  It isn't safe for children to browse using Virgin's services at the moment - it is worth highlighting to others as well. Best wishes.

Hi @AJC12 thanks for your post here.

Looking at your alternative thread, the issues you face with the website not allowing you to make the changes is different to what is identified here.

I do appreciate though this is frustrating but please be assured we're doing our best to fix things ASAP.

Many thanks

Tom_W

AJC12
On our wavelength

Can I check what doing your best involves?  This is the longest I have ever seen any internet provider take to respond to a child safety issue - could we hear from a senior responder on here instead of lots of Forum Team members?  Do you think it is ok for child safety functions to not work for 3 weeks?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cloudflare DNS servers 1.1.1.3 & 1.0.0.3 provide services like websafe/childsafe.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi

I’m also having the same issue. Child safe is on but adult site not blocked.

Can you help please

Hi there @SevenEight2019, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with web safe you are experiencing.
I will send a private message so we can further investigate.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

RachelWeightman
Joining in

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Having the same issue!