cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 020*******

kmb31
Joining in

Call today from 02*********** offering a new package. I’m a bit sceptic as to this being genuine. Call handler was able to send me a copy of my bill! Again not convinced it’s genuine! Could anyone offer any advice on this! 

[MOD EDIT: Number removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kmb31 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

As @PlantPot17 has suggested, if the team have sent you the contract details it does sound genuine. However, for your own peace of mind I'm happy to check your account to double check that this call was from the team.

I'll pop you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kmb31 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

As @PlantPot17 has suggested, if the team have sent you the contract details it does sound genuine. However, for your own peace of mind I'm happy to check your account to double check that this call was from the team.

I'll pop you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks. That would be helpful 

Sent me a copy of latest bill, on cross checking it came from an email address slightly different from emails received from virgin in the past. Also no virgin media logo and blurb you’d usually get at the end of an email from them. 
Didn’t accept offer. Number I was called from when you call it back does not mention you have called virgin media, only that you will be transferred to a call handler.

I am coming up to end of contract. Was offered a contract that is on their website.

I was asked for my password which I didn’t give.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @kmb31 😊 I'm glad I've been able to put your mind at rest with this.

If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

kmb31
Joining in

Virgin media confirmed this was a genuine call